Hangover is a term used to describe symptoms which are
experienced after drinking large amounts of alcohol.
The symptoms of hangover include
- Noise and sensitivity
Psychological symptoms such as feelings of anxiety and depression may also be induced from a hangover.
There are a few things you can do to prevent hangovers. The first and most obvious one measure is not to drink too much in the first place! Too much alcohol causes dehydration and also creates acidity.
- Have something to eat before you drink, food helps to absorb a bit of the alcohol and helps the body to digest it faster.
- A bowl of natural yoghurt before drinking will help considerably in preventing a hangover.
- It is also strongly recommended to sip water in between drinks as this will reduce the hangover.
- Take some exercise get the body moving. Go outside and do some walking in the fresh air.
It will get the blood circulating and help to break the toxins down and flush them from your system.
Have a shower or use a cold compress to relieve a hangover headache. You can also alternate between a hot and cold shower.
- Drink some chicken soup or bullion soup, both are a good source of nutrition
- Good drinks for hangovers include orange juice which will put some vitamin c back into your system, a pot of weak tea brewed with three garlic cloves, carbonated mineral water with cold milk, barley water and warm milk and honey.
The Uros people of Bolivia use torora reeds for a hangover.
Return to natural healing homepage
Return to old home remedies