Signs of stress, symptoms of stress
The signs of stress are an early warning system. Stress is a recognized trigger for depression. It can affect your physical and mental health. With that in mind, you can see why it is important to spot the symptoms of stress that are in your life, in order to try to minimize or eliminate them.
The trouble is stress symptoms are not always easy to spot, symptoms may be masked with the thinking that headaches, forgetfulness, fatigue illness are a fact of life.
The more we get stressed the more we indulge in our vices. What do you do when you are stressed? Do you eat more? Do you drink excessively? Do you shop excessively? Doing these things to excess, may be a clear sign of being stressed out.
Emotional stress symptoms
- Feelings of aggressiveness and/or anger
- Intolerance of others
- Feelings of being overwhelmed
- disturbed dreams or nightmares
- Crying frequently
- Loss of concentration and/or memory
- panic attacks
- Feelings of loneliness
Physical symptoms of stress
- Increased heart rate and faster breathing Increase in sweating( and not because you've been in a sauna either)
- cold skin, hands, feet
- Feelings of sickness in the stomach/ butterflies in the stomach
- Muscles more tightened, tensed up.
- Dryness in the mouth
- Visiting the bathroom frequently
- Headaches, muscle spasms, and fatigue.
- High Blood pressure
Behavior symptoms of stress
- Increased alcohol consumption
- An increase in casual sex
- Increase in smoking
- Grinding of teeth
- Obsessive dieting
- Biting fingernails
- Finger or foot tapping
- Pacing the floor
- Not caring about personal appearance
- sense of humor failure
- Accident prone
Return from signs of stress to natural healing home