Biofeedback is a drug free treatment technique designed to help people improve their health by using signals from their own body. It is a therapy uses special equipment.
These comprise of sensors and monitors that give you a visual and/or audio readout of certain vital functions; such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure. By listening to/watching the readouts, you can learn to better control things like heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure.
Have you stepped on a scale? Have you used a thermometer? If you have then you’ve been using a form of biofeedback. Both of these devices give you information about the bodies’ condition. You can then decide what action to take to improve your condition.[Top]
- There is a chance it may trim down or get rid of your medication needs.
- It can reduce your medical costs.
- If there is no response to your medication, then it can potentially help you.
- It assists you in taking charge of your own healing process, by providing you with feedback that can be measured. The feedback allows you monitor your progression and learning.
- It can be performed in the comfort of your own home
This type of therapy is very good for stress
-related conditions. Have a look at the long list of conditions that it can be used for
- anorexia nervosa
- back pain
- bed wetting
- chronic pain
- fecal incontinence
- epilepsy and related seizure disorders
- head injuries
- high blood pressure
- learning disabilities
- motion sickness
- muscle spasms
- sexual disorders, including pain with intercourse
- spinal cord injuries
Extra caution should be taken if you happen to be diabetic as this may interfere with medication.Back to the top
Back to natural healing home page